8. Rearing the
Examples of Questions:
- What are the different insects that live in Phragmites?
- How far have the different insects spread across North America?
- Do several insects occur in the same stem?
- Do some insects prefer thick (or thin) stems?
- Are more insect species found in larger Phragmites stands?
- Do attack rates differ among various habitats (roadsides, marshes, tidal wetlands, lakeshores, etc.)?
- Have North American bird species discovered this new food source in your area?
- Do certain insects prefer the upper (or lower) portion of the stem?
- What is the impact of the attack on Phragmites growth?
- Is insect attack higher (or lower) where Phragmites is growing in water, or under tidal influence?
- Does insect attack vary between edges and the center of a clone?
Copyright 2002. Bernd Blossey. Cornell University
For problems or questions regarding this web contact